Anyone hacked a Phatbox and would do me a favour?

Anito

Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

My phatnoise was working nicely then it stopped working. Having spoken at great length to phatnoise it seems the partition on the DMS must be corrupt.

I'm in need of someone with a working DMS who can re-hack my original DMS back to it's original state. The alternative is sending it back to the states (err no)

I'll be quite happy yo pay for postage and a thank you.

please drop me a personal e-mail if anyone's willng and we can talk this through anito@btopenworld.com

cheers.

Is your phatbox Hacked?

You can not hack the DMS to its original state as the DMS signature is unique to each DMS & no one has cracked this yet hence the need to hack the phatbox first with a genuine DMS.

If you have already hacked the phatbox & just want a valid signature on the DMS I live Near Manchester & would do it for free as long as you paid Postage.

If the phatbox is not Hacked then you would have to run the Hack using someone’s genuine DMS with is own unique signature still in place then use a copied signature on your DMS again I would help but you would need to bring your car & phatbox up to Manchester.

Lots of help on phathack.com which may be worth looking at. Have you tried updating to the latest firmware version ? There is also a DMS doctor software that comes with the phatnoise ?

[ QUOTE ]
Lots of help on phathack.com which may be worth looking at. Have you tried updating to the latest firmware version ? There is also a DMS doctor software that comes with the phatnoise ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please believe me when I say yes, I've tried everything.

I'm talking about the original 20GB DMS here and it was working fine. One day I added a new album and when I inserted it back into the car there was no music.

I've tried re-formatting the disc again, running all the tools, you name it everysuggestion on phathack has been explored.

I'm hoping that duplicating a working DMS back to mine will fix the problem. I think the hidden partition data is corrupt or damaged in some way.

cheers

I'd love to help but I don't think I can. As far as I understood the Phathack process you don't actually the DMS. You put a fireware hack of the PB on the DMS so that when it's inserted the PB is then flashed with software that doesn't check for the signature.

Apart from following their instructions to the letter I really didn't understand much more than that.

I think you're best hope is to post on phathack and hope one of the guru's comes to your rescue.

Done it all, including the phathack mob.

According to a very pleasant and helpful lady at phatnoise, re-hacking from the original DMS will fix my problem.

cheers anyway.