Opinions requested please

malcolm1sim

Reaction score
Just trying to ascertain if this is considered a good idea or not. Please let me have your views.

The fuses are standed size replacements with an accessory tab.
They enable fitted of low consumption accessories without the need to cut wires and access the rear of fuse box etc. Seem a good idea to me!

The accessory tab is fused at 7.5amps.

web page

Sorry guys - I see the link does not work. I will have another go later.

It works on my machine!!!

I will try again.

Thanks for letting me know.

I can just imagine Audi opening up the fuse box and seeing that.

I like it, would have used an insulated terminal myself for the demo, but a good idea. Saves a load of time if you know which fues are switched or permanent live.

Craig

Yes, I think the old piggyback connector offers a slightly more subtle/neater approach

Malcolm, which a4 have you got? I've got the B6, and I can't see there being enough space between the fuse and the fuse box cover to have the "blade" and a spade crimp.

Lon,

I have an A4 Q 3.0 on an 02 plate.

I know what you mean but the tab may be bent over at right angles if neccessary. Even then they would not fit my wifes Lupo.

That said, I have not used one yet as I was trying to gather opinion on the concept itself first.

To me it seems a good idea as you are tapping into a supply without the need to cut wires or access the rear of the fuse box. Also both the original equipment and accessory are individually fused. If one fused the other would continue to work.

My surprise is that you do not seem to be able to get them in the UK.

I ordered a few of each size and they seem pretty good quality to me.

But then what do I know!!!

I am a bit of an old fart these days and have done 27k miles on the original tyres and have at least 8k left in them, and I change at no less than 3mm.

Looks like a good idea to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I just slipped the wire behind a fuse in the box when I hard wired my Snooper.

I might get one to just finish the job of properly, but will insulate it too.