I now have Bass

Audi.Quattro

Reaction score
Whilst the B&O sound sytem in my A4 Avant is loud and clear sounding, I've always thought it lacking deep bass, that's despite the sub in the spare wheel hole.

Being a Bass guitarist, deep notes are the main sounds my ears tune in too, so after some research I opted to install a sub. I've had subs before but this time I wanted something other that just a loud boom-box.

Went with th Pioneer TS-WX710A, I've tapped into the existing subs speaker feed and used the 12V supply to the ciggy lighter socket on the right for the subs power-control feed, this powers down when car switched off so is ideal. This leaves a main 15A supply cable to connect up to the battery and its great to have that in the rear already. I strapped it down to the tool kit and using the boot mat from my Skoda, it seems pretty secure.

The supplied remote, is nice too, gloss black finish matches the trim perfectly, I've not finished fitting that yet.

So, does it sound any good? Oh yeah baby, it sure does and it don't interfere with the existing sound, it just underpins it, no rattles, nothing vibrating, just lovely deep bass added to what was already there.

the wiring is perfectly adequate even at full tilt the amplifier will only draw 8.5 amps only puts out a maximum of 100 watts though
great for doing what you want , but isnt capable of hitting really low notes

Forgot to mention, it comes will ALL the wiring you need, it don't use any wiring in situ, instructions state it can draw up to 14A?
With Xover set to @80Hz it still adds a surprising amount of additional bass, I can now hear "and feel" 5-string bass.

14 amps is 168 watts v x a =w
amp will only ever be 50 per cent efficient so 168 watts is actually 85 watts output
could well be a good solution for people who dont wish to mess around and just wish to add extra bass without messing with wiring

Its still in photobucket, I can't now edit a "refreshed" link to the post? so just delete it all, as an electrical engineer for 34years I hardly need a lesson in how to work Watts out.

the explanation is not for yourself but for other people who may be concerned about how much power the unit uses

not being a trained mind reader im afraid i was not aware of your 34 years experience as a electrical engineer
you may however wish to re-examine one of lifes early lessons called "good manners"

Reactions: NHN
Its still in photobucket, I can't now edit a "refreshed" link to the post? so just delete it all, as an electrical engineer for 34years I hardly need a lesson in how to work Watts out.

I don't think your reply is very polite at all, he wasn't insinuating anything at all, just being informing to the forum, it wasn't directed at you specifically & from the way it reads its just very helpful/useful information, Dual is known to be helpful in the audio area, not egotistical, I think in your post, that gun was jumped.

no problem
its way too easy to write something and it be misinterpreted on the internet ... no offence taken