Audi Head unit removal pins???? are they the same???

I

imported_alecblack

Can anyone tell me if you would use the same removal pins for all audi HU?

I had a Delta HU and have since bought a Concert but when i used the same pins to remove it they wouldnt work and i almost ripped the front of the head unit getting it out. I also broke of the sticky out part which the pins are supposed to pull in. Now my HU wont go all they way back in. I still have the sticky out bits and will work out how to put them back on as they are not broke but need to know if i need another set of pins when removing it again?

Cheers in advance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

No they're the same right across the range, but Audi HU's are notoriously tempramental to get out. The metal spring clips that hold them in are pretty feeble and it only takes one vigorous attempt to release them to knacker them and then you can end up with the HU stuck in the dash. The clips can be easily bent out of shape so that the release keys don't work, if you then force them they fall off as they're only held on by a single tiny rivet. You can scre them back on with tiny screws but be careful as the circuit board is very close to where the clips are attached so it's not easy to drill out the rivets.