Concert 2 head unit dead

tefkab

Reaction score
I've posted this originally on the main A3 site without realising there was an ICE forum but may get more info here .....

Hi All

I have a 2007 A3 140 TDi Sportback with the Bose system and iPod Dock in the glovebox, and my head unit is dead. It went from working to totally dead, no prior symptoms. I've checked the fuse box (Fuse 8 in the engine bay is the one for the ICE?) and it's intact. I've had the unit out, checked the connectors and the mini-fuse on the back of the unit and the connector looks OK, fuse is intact.

I'm starting to think I need a new unit, but I used to be an electronics engineer in a previous life so I'll have a go at fixing anything if it saves me some cash. Does anyone know if I'm on the right track, or is there another fuse, relay or common fault that I've not been able to find which I should be looking at, or are these units easily repairable? The pinout for the connector shows the following, but which connector is the main power in? Thanks in advance.

Concert pinout

There was no supply to the '+UB' pin so I checked the fuse. The fuse was fine, so I cut the original wire and connected a new fused feed from the fuse box inside the car. This has now fixed the issue, I guess the '+UB' wire is broken somewhere between the fuse and the quadlock connector.