Avic F30BT testing, do I need extra +12v from fuse box?

coolspot007007

Reaction score
I have a non Bose 8L S3 and have just bought a second hand Pioneer Avic-F30BT. After reading various posts about what I need to get it going, I think I have everything required. I was just going to test it tonight and fit it properly at the weekend so hooked up a PC9-404 harness (blue connected to bulleted remote on from Pioneer) and a CT27AA05 for the antenna (blue connected to remote on from Pioneer) and switched the yellow and red on Pioneer harness. I was expecting it to come on with that, possibly requiring a manual turn on. I tried swapping the red and yellow back to normal but still nothing.

Head unit and car fuse are both ok. Do I need to piggy back an ignition on from the fuse box even to test it? I thought that was just to tell it to turn on and off with the ignition, so by inverting the red and yellow leads I would at least power the unit on?

You need to run an ignition live from the fusebox to switch on the headunit.

Both your red and yellow need a feed to turn head unit on.one is constant 12v the other is switched live. So swapping them over and connecting just one wont power up the unit.

Thanks for the info, so is the best method to run a single wire to s-Kont, split it at HU end into double bullet, and connect in to the Pioneer harness directly with it's existing bulleted red and yellow?

You will find the constant live in the head unit wiring loom.just pick up an ignition live from fusebox and your good to go.