Niggly problems with HCB-30 & K750 - any ideas

technics100

Reaction score
I have the HCB-30 installed and wired to the mute on my stereo which works fine. However when i get an incoming call the car-kit mutes the stereo and un-mutes it and mutes it again and so on, until the call is answered. It only mutes it when the carkit is actually ringing. can you change the carkit to a continous ringing tone when someone is calling or is it just a setting on my phone. any help is appreciated.

cheers

Mine does exactly the same. Same phone and same car kit.

I just put it down to how the system works. Actually after everything I've heard about the k750 bluetooth problems i'm just glad it works at all!

Have you tried updating the firmware in your K750's. Mine was quite flakey with the supplied firmware, but the latest Euro 2 seems to resovle a lot of issues.

Craig

I have upgraded once before but haven't lately... Perhaps its worth a go.

What does the new firmware fix Craig?

I'm not a 100% sure as I dont have a fix list, but it's certainly cured a lot of issues with my K750 and my Audi phone prep.

craigyb, what firmware are you running? you can check by doing the following.

> * < < * < *

Where < or > are directions on the joystick, and * is the bottom left hand button on the keypad

you can update on the sonyericsson website, maybe give it a go later.

list of firmware overviews

Click here

I'm runnig R1J002! Looks like i'm 6 months out of date!

Looks like I will be upgrading tonight!

I especially like the idea of increased battery life and external speaker volume..

Cheers for the advice
Rich.

Im on the latest I think R1AA008

Although 009 is suppsed to be around soon.

Just upgraded the firmware on the phone, still no better. now my camera won't take pictures. It focuses but won't take a picture. anyone had similar problems..

I have updated 2 K750's several times and never lost anything.

Craig