retrofitting DAB for the MMI touch?

Reaction score
How difficult (and/or expensive) is it to retrofit an OEM DAB tuner to a MMI touch system (as found in the A6 C7), cannot honestly believe that Audi don't have DAB as standard, even on the S-Line tech pack cars, then they're stadnard on everything except the most bottom spec Skoda Superbs that cost quite literally half the price for the same chassis and higher spec extras...

Many thanks!

You're new A6 with that spec in sig, doesnt have Dab, I'm shocked aswell.

Yep - the new one!

Gutted when I bought it and it's been bugging me more and more.... I'm feeling really stung that Audi removed what was a standard "extra" on the C6 A6 Audi S-Lines... especially at a time when every Ford and Skoda is getting it pretty much as standard and a £55k Audi has it removed!

They're clearly trying to differentiate the A6 and A7 ranges, by adding lots of things as standard onto the A7 that are optional extras on the A6's, but it kinda stinks if that means that they're just devalueing the A6 (while charging the same!)....

I was almost as indignant when I found out about that as my dad was when he was about to sign for a £36k SECOND HAND Q5 S-Line only to find that it had no Sat Nav of any description.... but at least my dad hadn't made the mistake of buying the Q5 yet....

... and now it looks like it's even standard on the A6 from the SE!

Audi really have a way of making you regret buying the first of the new generation on Audi's: my dad's A6 (C6) S-Line is < 1 year older than mine and he got some really nice stuff (incl DAB) as standard...

We have just ordered a new A6 here and we had to spec DAB... It's crazy considering how much the cost is.

Anyway - If Nige hasn't sorted you out we have a resolve for factory style DAB here. All on screen with factory controls :) Got loads of Engineers that cover Surrey so chuck me a quick PM :)

Tim

Sorry to high jack but do you have a reto-fit DAB option for '09' A6 LE Manns?