Caution

jbee3

Reaction score
Just a quick word of caution for those of you thinking of buying the Viseeo 'Tune2Air' device. On paper this looks like a brilliant bluetooth solution for the Audi AMI interface and when working it IS brilliant.

It basically is a bluetooth module that plugs into your AMI in the glovebox and allows you to stream ANY audio from your iPhone. But better still it allows you to control tracks, etc. in the MMI as though the phone was physically plugged into the AMI unit (Only for iTunes).

I use it for Spotify for example - you can't really select tracks from the MMI but it at least enables my 2009 S4 Avant to have Spotify audio!

HOWEVER - I've only had the device 4 weeks and the connector has failed already. Worse still Car Communications who sold me the device a refusing so far to replace it and I am now in touch with the manufacturer in Taiwan. But it's not cheap at £72 so be very careful when ordering one!

I'll post the company's response here when I get one to see if it will be resolved.

please post details of the company whom supplied this item

companies like this should not be allowed to deal products for our cars
hopefully this will raise peoples awareness and unless the company is willing to change its stance on the failed connector (it should be covered by a warranty for starters ) then i see no reason why the company should not be blacklisted by the community and trading standards informed

please direct the company to this thread and make them aware of it

Could this not just be a faulty unit? You're commenting on the item in general when you've had a bad experience with a single unit.

he is commenting on the lack of aftersales service by the company
he is not slating the product at all merely the company refusing to replace the item

I have this product & it works fine, but for the connector to go faulty would only suggest manufacturing issues or incorrectly plugged in/out & thus damaging.

I'm little confused though, how the connector would go wrong if it worked in the beginning unless it had been plugged in/out numerous times.

Viseeo should sort it for you, I had comms with them, wasn't too bad, but UK company need to assess the usage of the item 1st which is fair, they don't tend to break by themselves.