How to tell if I do have Bose?

Audiohitch

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new and have just bought a A3 8p 1.9 SE.
It has a concert 2 headunit and the the door mesh grills say Bose, but is there a definite way to find out if I do have a car with a Bose system?

If it says on the grill then it is wht it says on the box.
Other wise take the speaker out and check on the back ?
You should be able to tell from the sound and quality also

From what I gather there is also a sticker in your spare wheel well and service manual which has a list of codes and you can decode these to see what options you have but if the grills say Bose then you should have Bose unless the previous owner removed the speakers or put the grills on.

I've taken a pic of the list of codes in the boot. Is there a decoder anyway to find what is what?
The reason I ask all this is the sound doesn't sound fantastic.
I've read on other forums that the head unit needs to be told it has a Bose unit attached. I do think the head unit has been changed since there is two manuals and two set of security codes in my log book. Both units have been the concert 2.

pull the boot trim back and look for a sub in the boot?

arent the connectors on the back of the HU different for BOSE also?

grilles mean nothing, could easily have been added.

Try this for decoding options:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/tools-info/167025-audi-options-search.html

im not sure if the HU needs telling or if this is done using a VCDS cable or not. The cable connecting to the HU wiount have been changed so the Bose pins should be connected. If you want to confirm this then I can compare your cars HU cable to mine if you take a pic of it so I can see the pins that are connected.

Okay he's a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 192
Ahh, my headunit uses the quad lock so the pinouts are different, I'm sure someone here will be able to compare yours to theirs though. Sorry about that, I hadn't thought to ask what connection you had!

Yes you have BOSE you can see 5 wires for the audio at this end of the connector. But as you have speaker grills with BOSE written on it was pretty certain you had it.

Just wanted to make sure. It's not the first time I've seen someone market something just because of the badge and have something completey different under the hood.