B&O upgrade or bespoke?!

jbee3

Reaction score
Hi there - I've got a 2009 S4 Avant with the standard Audi audio system. To fit the 'factory' B&O system is £1800+VAT. Does anyone have any experience of doing something a bit more bespoke, i.e. Alpine or Pioneer or other amp / speakers??

yes i have a lot of experiance doing stuff like this
ive been building car audio and competition audio systems for over twenty years now

Ah nice. I used to be really into custom systems years ago. What do you think of the price of the B&O retrofit?

not exactly sure whats included in the retrofit , but i will say ive never heard a factory fitted system which was even halve as good as an aftermarket bespoke one

£1800 is a very nice system in bespoke territory if you spend the money wisely and where its needed

If I was you I would be looking along the lines of Genesis, Phoenix Gold etc. If £1800 is your budget then you could have one hell of a system, as dualmono says I have never heard a stock system sound as good as a bespoke even if it is supposedly Bose etc. I think that is more of a marketing ploy if I'm honest as Bose home audio is fantastic.

I have just got my A3 and it has a Bose system in it, although it isn't a touch on my complete Genesis system in my Focus I think I will leave it be as it must help with resale value having Bose but I might add a sub for a bit more bass.

That said, I *might* be selling my Genesis kit from my Focus. If I do I will put it in the relevant section on this board as well as TalkAudio (a fantastic ICE forum).