Bluetooth fitting to A3 2010

Andrewkru

Reaction score
hello there, i am after a bit of advise, i have done quite a bit of research but i have a few unanswered questions. i have recently purchased an audi a3 black edition 2010, 2.0 tdi, which to my surprise didnt have bluetooth. i have looked around and seen there are a few options to over come this.

as i would eventuality like to upgrade my HU from a symphony 2+ to a RNS-E (163) it seems that the i can only go with the original , rather than the gateway pro or the fiscon, is that correct??

where is the best pace to obtain the latest oem bluetooth kit? the ones on ebay are older versions i'm worried that they will not work with my iphone 5.

also does any one know a good fitting service in Bristol?

thank you in advance.

Contact site sponsor NHN. he can supply/fit whatever you need. He also travels. Just pm him for details. :) x

Reactions: NHN
Thanks Sandra.

I have replied to your PM Andrew, we can also supply/fit the rns-e along with the BT if interested.

Reactions: Sandra
we can also supply/fit the rns-e along with the BT if interested.

Is that Bluetooth for hands-free calling or music streaming as well? I have the RNS-E in my car and would prefer not to use the hard-wire connection for my iPhone if possible. I have looked hard but haven't found a Bluetooth option for music streaming yet.

No, the audi bt is for phone usage only, however, if you have an rns-e mk2 then we can add ami with a bt ami dongle for streaming wirelessly.

No, the audi bt is for phone usage only, however, if you have an rns-e mk2 then we can add ami with a bt ami dongle for streaming wirelessly.

I do have AMI and would be very interested in a Bluetooth dongle. Do the steering wheel controls still work with this?

Just received my Tune2Air - it is fantastic. Pairs in seconds, and works exactly as if the device was physically docked. I'm using it with an iPhone 5; previously I used the official Apple adapter. Now I have the choice - Bluetooth as standard for normal conditions; physically docked for long journeys where I need to charge.

The only niggle is that it confuses Siri - when you attempt to use Siri it tries to use the Tune2Air as the mic and that capability isn't present. There is an icon to switch the source to be the car hands-free, but this didn't seem to work in the attempts I made.