Installation help??

thehogester

Reaction score
I'm very confused by the sheer amount of cables I'm staring at here. Are any of you guys good at installing stereos?

Thanks in advance!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377194402235101

what would you like to know ?

Well where do I start. Firstly I'm slightly concerned all these cables aren't going to fit in?

The connectors i can pretty much work out, although I'm sure there was one I couldn't fit in the adaptor. I'll take more photos next time, I'm just asking from memory now.

The bullet tip connectors, is it as simple as connect the same colours?

I've got a boosted aerial adaptor which has a blue cable with it, does that need to go somewhere? I noticed there's a blue wire on the cables without a tip, this related to it?

Sorry if I'm being vague, as I say next time I'll take more photos. For some reason I thought this would be a fairly easy job, but it's really bamboozled me lol

Thanks again for any help!

as regards the wiring id advise trying to tidy it up as much as possible and if possible wrap the wiring in either cloth tape or something similar
with large amounts of wiring it can move and knock when you go over bumps in the road

the yellow and red leads you have are live feeds one is ignition fed the other is permanent live
im struggling to see the rest ... really could use some nice clear photos

Ok here's a few pics of the wires I'm dealing with. Now I think on my last attempt I had the connectors in the right place, it's more a case of getting the bullet connectors in the right place and figuring out where the blue wire off the aerial booster goes.

Here's some more pics, and quick tips would be great. I'm going to have another go and putti h it all together today.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377340279550532ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377340287973436ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377340297397328

PS. sorry if the photos aren't great quality, they're the best tapatalk will let me upload?

The loose amp on cable from the HU, held to the amp on connector on the adaptor gets a signal. However it sounds like garbage, any idea where I'm going wrong? I've almost got it!

im sorry i simply cannot see enough detail in the pictures to tell you what should go where

what colour cable are you using from the headunit to power the aerial adaptor ...

Thanks for the reply, I've actually now manage to get it all installed.

What I struggled with was the blue wires to the amp. Once I figured a bit of soldering was needed, all became clear.

Thanks for the replies!