Installing a HCB-30 and HCE-16 Bluetooth kit into my A4.

Reaction score
Hey folks so i got my bluetooth kit today and have a quick peek at all the bits and bobs.

I have a few questions......

Do any of you guys have the Music Mute cable? As i got this with it and the white connector does not want to stay in the bluetooth box??! Slots in but i think it will just fall out.

Where did you guys place the Mic?

Did you connect the live wire straight to the battery?

Which wire is the ignition sense cable?

Since i have this mute cable it will just plug into my headunit wont it? I have a Pioneer DEH 6300 or summat.

Cheers.

[ QUOTE ]

Do any of you guys have the Music Mute cable? As i got this with it and the white connector does not want to stay in the bluetooth box??! Slots in but i think it will just fall out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Infact i have tried pushing in this cable further and its fine.

Cheers.

Nobody albe to help me with this?

If not i think i will have to pay and auto electrician to fit it.

Anyone know how much roughly this should cost?

I have installed an HCB-30 in a 2002 A4. took the power directly from the battery (because previous carkit was wired from there. Got the ignition feed from under the steering column. Just tested wires with a multimeter while turning the ignition off and on until I found one. I also put a spade plug on the mute cable and pushed it onto the nute pin on the back of the concert headunit..hope this is of some use..

Sorry, didnt see this post. Take the power from the fusebox both switched and unswitched then fit inline fuses to each. Run the yellow on a spade to the back of the stereo and for non bose, you can feed the speaker + - into the tel +- on the back also to get the sound through the speakers.
Fit the Mic in the centre of the to of the windscreen- its more of a pain than by the window but much better.

my box is stuffed behing the climate control controls, plenty of space. the button are on the centre console.

cheers

I fitted a HCB 30 about 18 months back, took about an hour to do, pretty much like 911SC, the box fitted neatly into my glove box the control is next to my gearstick, the microphone is up with the interior light.

plenty of room behind the glovebox for the control unit. I think we put it behind the drivers side panel(under the steering wheel) on Dickys3's car..

Soupie

Looking at purchasing one of these - just checked ebay - Whats a decent price?

Are you going to put some pics up of the install - for us beginers hehee

Good Luck with it

Have a good Chirstmas

Only just spotted this one...

Have you done your install yet fella?

...As others have touched-on, there's a relay plate under the driver's side dash trim (the bit either-side and below the steering column); there are some posts on the bottom of it which are a variety of live feeds. The one on the far left (normally has a yellow band) is a ignition live, the rest of them are all permanent lives with different total current capacities; but it's pretty likely that there'll be enough headroom on any of them for the extra few amps a car kit will draw.

I regularly use that plate for hardwiring sat-nav / road-angels / car-kits as it's nice and tidy, just put on a little inline fuse where required and crimp a ring onto the end and they bolt straight on. Also you normally find a couple of ground-posts on the inside of the back-edge of the wing when you remove that one bit of trim (there were two or three all around each-other in my friend's 2000 A4) so it really is easy to wire stuff up in there.

Regards,

Rob.

PS> To get the trim off in said friend's A4, there were two or three bolts (6mm I think, possibly 8mm) recessed into the bottom of the panel near the shelves/storage compartments and another two or three inside the fusebox panel which just pops off its clips with some gentle persuasion (or brute-force and ignorance, depending on how often it's previously been removed!).

Sorry guys i have been really busy and have not had a chance to fit it yet.

Here is the plan so far ...... i think it would be really simple to tap into the live, earth and ignition cables behind the headunit.

Then plug in the mute cable and place the bluetooth box behind the glovebox.

I think this is a really simple plan and should work.