Help installing Parrot 3100 bluetooth kit

V5Ade

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm currently installing a Parrot CK3100 in my Mk1 A3, it has a Concert hu without BOSE.
Does the A3 use standard ISO wiring to connect to the hu?
Any information will be very helpful as I'm a bit stuck at the moment.
Thanks,
Ade

I've just finished putting mine in a Bora sport PD150 03 model with a gamma headunit and it was totally plug and play. No problems what so ever. As far as I can remember from my old A3 the ISO layout on the concert is "almost" identical to the gamma.

AndyMac is the expert on ICE around here. He might be able to correct/shed some light on it if I'm wrong

Ade,

You can't use the audio plug of the Parrot kit as your head unit uses BOSE. What you need to do is use the thin green and brown wires to feed your Parrot audio input into the line in of your head unit.

the Parrot book does show you how to do this but it isn't as easy as they intended the install to be, but it's not a nightmare job. I did my wifes A3 in around 30 mins and my mates Leon (same as the a3) in around the same time and they both have external amps. The glovebox comes out very easily too for easy access to the back of the stereo and also give plenty of space to put the Parrot kit.

John

Hi Auroan, unfortunatly it seems that my 2003 A3 has a different pin order to the ISO standard. I seem to remember that my old MkIV Golf had standard ISO (other that the perm and ignition lives were swapped).

Hi G4JSG, I don't have BOSE but I have found the pins that you mention so I will use them. Thanks for the 'head's up' on that.

I think that I'm almost there other than I need to get a switched ignition feed to the parrot kit. It tries to take this feed from the ISO plug, however the car's loom dosen't have an ignition live in the standard position.

Where is the best place to take an ignition live from?

Cheers, Ade

I`ve got the parrot 3x00 evolution in my s3 and its was also plug n play... simple install no adjustments needed..

The SIO Communications forum can be a mine of useful information here. I bought a Parrot CK3100 last year and only got round to fitting it last week. Not too difficult on my 8P A3; the only wrinkle was getting switched power from the fuse box. However, the Mk1 may not be CAN BUS on the stereo so you may already have switched power there.

There is a 'however' though... I used the green and brown wires to puut the Parrot output directly into the line in of the radio, which seems to be the preferred route. The snag is that the volume is so low that I cannot hear the caller when the car is moving. I think this may be because the speaker positive has a 5 Ohm resistor in line (which was recommended to stop intereference). Anyone else noticed this?

The radio is a Symphony II btw.

Toby.

One possibly useful PS - I have been trying to fix the problem with the volume today and yesterday. I simply can't get the headunit out (Symp II) with the keys - I now have lovely cut hands and it looks like I have been in a fight. I still can't get it out so maybe the 'official' keys from Vagparts will be better...