Is 5 door Bose kit/set up exactly the same as for 3 door?

a3pigeon

Reaction score
Hi, I recently bought my 2008 A3 Sportback 170 and am keen to upgrade from the standard speakers to the full Bose speakers/amp.

If I buy a Bose set second hand from a 3 door A3, are the components fixings exactly the same to fit in my 5 door?

Presumably I can reuse the existing speaker grills if necessary.

Thanks!

Marcus

Its a fair bit of work to do the Bose install tbh, wiring around the car, speaker changes, we can do all the work, but be under no illusions, it wont be cheap.

AFAIK the SUB in a sportback is a different shape to the 3dr and also amp has to be fitted whereas your amp is currently built into the sub, so I would buy the right kit of parts. It's not impossible to do, but a big wiring job.

Last edited:
I'm looking to remove the Bose system from my 56 plate SB sometime in the near future...out of interest does anyone know what kind of RMS the components and sub kick out?

Thanks, that's helpful.

Does anyone know of any guide to the wiring job? Even better if with visuals!

AFAIK the SUB in a sportback is a different shape to the 3dr and also an has to be fitted whereas your amp is currently built into the sub, so I would buy the right kit of parts. It's not impossible to do, but a big wiring job.