Replacing Bose amp with an aftermarket one

Lyons

A6 Allroad / 435D
Reaction score
Folks, after the grief I've had recently with the Bose amp in my car I'm wondering if it can be replaced with an aftermarket amp.

Does anyone know of any cases of people replacing the Bose amp with an aftermarket one, yet retaining the RNS and Bose speaker set up?

I've trawled the internet and cant find anything similar. The closest I came across were a few guides where an additional amplifier has been integrated to the Bose system to run a sub.

Does anyone know if its possible, or even if there are any adapters available?

A replacement Bose amp is the guts of £700, so I'd rather get a cheaper more reliable aftermarket replacement if possible.

Car is an 8J TT, but I would expect it would be the same idea in any Audi.

Just find a used Bose amp, 8J0035223A or C or D are compatible.

If it were that easy, I would. Sadly they are pretty much impossible to find!

Ok, thanks.

Any idea if an amp from other Audi models would work, or would it be safer not risking it as they probably all have different speaker amounts and processer settings?

Probably safer! I've emailed that seller to see if he'd split the set, I'll keep looking in the mean time. Thanks for the advice.

Still keen to hear if the aftermarket route in an option too.

Its the "little wiring" that worries me.

Have you actually done it? Simply removed the Bose amplifier and added an aftermarket one, no additional subs or speakers?

I fitted the RNS this morning and everything appears to be back to normal so far (touch wood). The hissing, popping and poor sound have all disappeared. I cant understand how that could have been down to the head unit though? I thought all processers/settings etc went through the amp?

see my signature

there is no standard audio in my car
the little bit of wiring would require you to run a power cable from the battery down to wherever you wished to install the amplifier
preferably you would want to fuse the wire no more than 18" from the battery and again just before it entered the amplifier

you can pick the input signal up from the original loom which you dissconnect from the bose amplifier

Hi, i can see this an old thread. But my Bose front door speakers have stopped working. After looking online i came across this and wonder if anyone has fixed it or can give a good guide to a novice on how this can be done please? Thanks