Audi A3 with BOSE, telephone input?

rich080487

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an 2004 Audi A3 with the single DIN concert II HU and BOSE. I am looking to fit a bluetooth kit.

I am planning on using the 10pin ISO connector to connect to the Mute and Telephone +/- inputs. I have read on a number of forums that the mute pin will silence what ever is playing on the radio and route the audio from the telephone +/- connections through the front speakers.

Will this work with my BOSE system? i.e. will the HU route the telephone audio to the 8 pin non-power ISO? In my case all the speakers are routed though the BOSE amplifier, confirmed by the only audio out being a single line out to the amplifier.

Do I need to program anything to let the HU know about the phone connection, i.e VCDS?

Any advice appreciated. Please feel free to move this if it would be more suited to another section of the forum.
Thanks,
Rich

Welcome to the site Rich.

We supply/fit the audi bt system if interested.

Hi NHN,

Thanks for the speedy reply. Unfortunately I don't have a MFSW fitted (and can't justify the cost) so the OEM bluetooth is not an option for. I have also considered the fiscon setup, but for similar reasons I cannot justify the cost.

I seriously considered one of the dension/xcarlink/grom audio options with the BT add on. But none of them had the full functionality that I wanted. I wanted to be able to answer/reject/hangup/voicedial via buttons (ideally already fitted, i.e. HU) and hear the phone conversation through the speakers, along with the unit being able to mute the stereo when a call is received. All of the are achieved by one of the above options, but none in the same package!

I have managed to find a cheap BT unit on ebay (£15) that does all of this but has a single button. I am hoping to get all this working and eventually link it up with an extra button next to my ESP button on my dash.

Unfortunately my current issue is the routing of the telephone audio through the HU to the speakers. As described above...

Any advice appreciated...
Thanks,
Rich

If the phone kit has a mute connection then take that to the 10 pin connector mute pin. And then the speaker output from the phone kit to the TEL +/- pins on the same 10 pin connector. No coding should be required.

Great s8craig, thanks for the reply.

This is exactly what I am planning on doing but wanted to know if it would work and route the audio to the speakers, as I have BOSE so there is nothing attached to the speaker out ISO on the back of the HU?

I am going to try this anyway, just wanted to check first...

I have finished installing this system now and can confirm that the mute pin MUST be activated to allow the TEL+/- pins to transmit a signal to the front speakers. This also works with my BOSE system. Thanks for all the help!

What do you mean by activated? do you mean connected or coded?

I've only ever had to connect the mute wire for the TEL+/- pins to work.

Last edited:
What do you mean by activated? do you mean connected or coded?

I've only ever had to connect the mute wire for the TEL+/- pins to work.

Sorry to for the unclear message. I meant that you MUST connect a mute wire in order for the TEL+/- pins to work.
Thanks for your help before!