Will this stereo fit/work? Help a noobie please!

Jordan427

Reaction score
Hi all,

First post for me on these forums and I'd like to start with a quick question!

I'm about to pick up a 2005 A3 which I believe has the concert II single DIN player in it. In my current car (a 2004 Polo) I have one of these installed and I will be wanting to switch this over to the Audi.

Kenwood Electronics UK Ltd. | USB Receivers > KDC-W4544U (details)

Is it possible from looking at the spec for this stereo to tell me whether it will be a simple process? I've read all kinds of things about harnesses, wires to the ignition, adapters and the like, and I'm not the most experienced when it comes to I.C.E.

All I want is the ability to play MP3s off a USB stick, if this stereo wont work (or you're not sure without seeing the connectors on the back of it) what other cost effective ways are there for me to do this?

Thank you very much!

Well you will have iso connections on the A3, so unless the radio has direct iso connections or adapter supplied, then you'll need one for this, but maybe you can transfer from the Polo if its fitted with an adapter, ideally remove polo & check connections as it maybe easier than you thought.

Only issue that may create will be the antenna system, its not a simple system, there are adapters out there, but you'll have to have a search online.

One like this:

Autoleads PC5-137

Hi NHN,

Thanks for that - I guess I will see how it goes, I just wanted to do a bit of research to save myself some time, don't want to be without music for too long!

If the antenna system is merely for the radio then I can live without that, I never listen to it!

PS. An another note I think I read that you can supply the new model rear light clusters to an 8P A3? Do you happen to have a before and after photo so I can see how it looks?

Cheers!!