My Double DIN sat nav setup

sabaxter

Reaction score
Hello thought I would upload some pics of my ICE system. I've yet to do the speakers and amps but I've made my start. what do you think?

Attachments

• DSC_0022.jpg
    DSC_0022.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 334
  • DSC_0023.jpg
    DSC_0023.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 361
  • DSC_0024.jpg
    DSC_0024.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 306
Be better if the images were straight & its just a tad dark tbh to see much of the unit.

Reactions: cjsuk and Mr_Freeze
I thought that the picture rotated during upload. I'll get you some uploaded ASAP. Cheers.

It's made by a company called Erisin, it's designed for the b6 and costs 250 and 30 import and it's...brilliant!

its designed for both the b6 audi and b6 vw passat
its a plug and play system , so no wires to mess with at all , for whats included its not a bad price unit

Here are a few more pics of the system.

Attachments

• DSC_0040.jpg
    DSC_0040.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 279
  • DSC_0042.jpg
    DSC_0042.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 340
Does it turn on and off with ignition like oem unit? And what's the iPod function like? Full iPod control? Where did you import from?

you can wire the unit however you wish for it to turn on
with ignition only or without ignition

The unit comes on with the ignition and it has a built in can bus decoder, the iPod function is good and displays all track info. The only down fall is once you select an album that's all you can play you can't navigate through all the iPod filters which is a shame but for the price it's well worth it. I use the Bluetooth and play music off my phone and then I can answer and make calls via the head unit, only downfall is it only displays the number and no name. Hope this helps and I'll post the link in a momento

Hope this helps guys I'm hoping to soon ad 2 x focal components 10" sub and amp rear view camera and head rest monitors its a well worth buy.

I bought something similar for my GF's Honda civic, I managed to update the nav software to version 12.3.1 and the latest maps from a well known web site. It gives better graphics than the MMI 3G+ system in my A7 and integrated speed cameras.

I use the Bluetooth and play music off my phone and then I can answer and make calls via the head unit, only downfall is it only displays the number and no name.

The Ebay link says that you can download your phonebook onto the headunit, after downloading your phonebook, would the names show up as well as the phone numbers?

I don't know pal I will see if I can do that tomorrow im sure ill figure it our and I will report back.