Best location for new amplifiers in B7 Avant?

Nufab

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've just bought a 55 plate B7 Avant 2.0TDI, which has the Symphony HU and Bose system. It is, to be honest, crap. The stereo I mean, not the car ;)

i've done a few installs now on previous cars with good results, so I'm looking to do another one on the A4. However I bought the car as I needed a bigger motor, so I don't want to lose any boot space.

I'd like to have an active front speaker setup and sub, with a new HU. Amps wise, I've got a Genesis Profile 4 Ultra, and a Profile Sub, and a Genesis series 3 Stereo 60 to choose from. Subs wise, I've got the choice of two Genesis Audiophile 30s (12inch) and a CDT 1020 (10 inch). I'd like to make it look at OEM as possible; I love great sound but not flashy installs! I'm just wondering where is best to mount amps and a sub to maximise boot space? How much room is available behind the boot trim? Has anyone got any photos of installs they've done that might help?

cheers,

Chris

profile series amplifiers are small height wise if you are carefull and maybe remove a couple of small pieces of boot trim the amplifiers
would sit flat under the bottom load cover without fear of overheating
sub wise they will fit in the side panels but you will need to able to construct a fibreglass enclosure to get the maximum airspace for those subwoofers
alternatively you could construct one which fits in the spare wheel well ..if you dont mind running with a can of tyre weld instead of a spare