seeking help with Q7 headrest video

paul_45

Reaction score
Hi, purchased a full spec 2013 Q7 S-line plus with B&O sound. It was B&O or Bose + Audi's rear entertainment and I went with the B&O. Meanwhile I have 3 kids that are more interested in Peppa and Mickey than booming B&O sound, so had to figure out an aftermarket rear entertainment system. Dealer came up with the Rosen AV7900 included with delivery of the vehicle, so I went for it. Bottom line on the Rosen system is that I can't stand it, given me nothing but trouble (started a thread on the AVForums site, you can read all about it there, won't bore you with detail here). So I will probably remove it and am looking for an alternative.

I'm seriously thinking of just getting one of these iPad cradles and popping a few in the car and getting the kids BT headphones. But before I do that I wanted to see if there were other systems out there that could compete with the simplicity and video quality of the iPad - and do it in the headrest. Ideally the system would have the following specs:

- integrate into the vehicle's video system (ie display the TV tuner and also output to the car's Aux input for the MMI screen)
- iPod integration (perhaps 2, one for each screen) with the iPods out of the way somewhere
- HD screen that has little/no video degradation from iPod video and displays correct video aspect

Anyone on here have any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

there are not many screens that will compete with the ipad as regards screen quality im afraid
the only one that will be near it is alpine and only certain models at that ... coupled to that you wishing to integrate in factory again this might not be that easy

i can however reccomend a company in sheffield which have a very very good reputation for sorting things like this out
the company is called source sounds and security 0114 2571550 the man to speak to is called paul ellis
he has a very very extensive knowledge of being able to integrate aftermarket products such as you describe into factory systems

Tbh mate, to save arguments with the kids, just make your life easier by fitting ipads, Q7 may have a wifi hotspot in the mmi, so that allows them to watch net based stuff easily if need be, bt headphones, job done & allot less money probably lol.

I use a bmw headrest attachment which is ****** good tbh, they do an ipad attachment for it aswell, which is a fair bit of money for what it is, but tbh but its very good for holding it for the kids behind, only issue is you have 3 kids & unless you put 1 on the very back row & use a headrest of the second row for them, then that may create an issue if all 3 want to use there's at same time, but nly 2 are in place lol

Need researching a bit more, ideally you need a system that allows them to watch what they want independently or did you want some control yourself so they don't watch anything dodgy?