4 JL W7s in a S4?!

todamnfast07

Reaction score
i own a 2001 S4 and was wondering if it would be possible to fit 4 JL W7s in my trunk or would i have to use 8' 10' or what if anyone has any suggestions on set ups or anything let me know thankx /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

i'd go to www.talkaudio.co.uk and ask there.

I imagine you will run them in sealed boxes as i doubt you would have enough space for 4 ported boxes.

Also, what amps are you going to run them with?

Personally i'd go for one W7 and one powerful amp. If you want it 'louder' then 2/4 of a lower end sub such as a W3.

To run 4 W7's to full performance may need extra batteries/ 0 gauge wiring throughout and possibly an upgraded alternator. Plus what fronts will you have that can be powerful enough for you to hear over the subs playing?

They're a nice bunch on TA and that's where i'm from
http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/member.php?u=3296

as wicked said the guy's on TA will know (and im one of them hehe). the problem with adding 4 to an A4 is space. you would be better off with two 13's and a nice battery and a pair of big class D/G amps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Or you can just cut out the middle man and mount them on the outside of the car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Just get one 8-inch sub and mount it in the headrest, then link a small chain from the centre of the driver to a leather strap around your head... I mean who needs 4 subs? what are you planning to do, devastate a small country? :))

well ok i know its a little crazy but yes devastateing a small country sounds like fun to me but ok i understand that 4 subs is a bit much how about 2 W7s it would still devastate that stupid country and give me some space...
id run dimond D9 fronts ive herd them and they can keep up with the bass i dont know what amp id run but it would have to be powerful as hell any help boys??

how about 3 in ported boxes, i'm running 3 12" lanzars in a double ported box and a single 1.2 cu box and bass is beautiful and i have enough space for an overnight bag in the corner of the boot of my a6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

i used boss 4000 amp as a quick solution for them and i can honestly say it has not missed a beat over the last year using a second battery in the 'boot' (or 'trunk' as you say in usa, i'm a brit) no need to change amps its strong as an ox and putting out near 150 db at full tilt which is enough even on occassion