SD Card - Playlist

mpc

Reaction score
I have a selection of music on a 8GB sd card that files fine on my Concert III stereo. I created a playlist for this music using Playlist Creator and selected tracks off the SD card to add to the playlist. The playlist was added to the root directory of the SD card and is clearly visible when inserted in the stereo - but - for some reason not all the tracks are showing up in the playlist, I can play these tracks fine within the album folder but they don't show up in the playlist? The playlist is a .m3u file.

Any ideas?

I have a selection of music on a 8GB sd card that files fine on my Concert III stereo. I created a playlist for this music using Playlist Creator and selected tracks off the SD card to add to the playlist. The playlist was added to the root directory of the SD card and is clearly visible when inserted in the stereo - but - for some reason not all the tracks are showing up in the playlist, I can play these tracks fine within the album folder but they don't show up in the playlist? The playlist is a .m3u file.

Any ideas?
To create a playlist with all of the files in your sd card do the following:
In Windows 10 in the Cortina window type in CMD, (In Windows7/8 Run programe CMD) This should open up a command line, Black screen.
The next step is to switch to what evr the drive letter of your sd card, in my case the F drive, i would type in F:
Next type in the following command which will show the structure of the audio files list in a new playlist file named Alan.m3u... attrib/s *.* > Alan.m3u. The next step is to edit the new file using notebook. to remove the unwanted part, open up Notepad, select file open Alan.m3u
Upload 2016 9 11 12 58 1

Click edit, then replace and replace A F:. (there should be 12 spaces after the A and then type F: ) This will strip off all of the unwanted info. Finally save the file and that should be your new playlist complete. PS I seem to recall, from another post there are some limitations in the number of files in a playlist. If this is so you could edit the file and save as a new file. Also I have found by trial and error some of my itunes tracks won't play and to fix this I've had to rip off CD's to Windows media format WMA instead of the normal I Itunes m4a format.

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-11_12-45-55.png
    upload_2016-9-11_12-45-55.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 116
  • upload_2016-9-11_12-55-44.png
    upload_2016-9-11_12-55-44.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 134
Last edited: