Dension GW 100 help

Aidy06

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi, just purchased a GW100. I have a Concert 2 radio, connected it all up but nothing is working at all. Plugged iPod in and nothing, instructions say go via CD changed buttons but I've never had a CD changer. It's driving me mad, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Does the GW100 have a loose black wire? If so you must connect that to the concert II ground. The Concert II will automatically see the attached GW100 as a CDC and pressing the CD button switches between CD & CDC.

Reactions: Aidy06 and NHN
Does the GW100 have a loose black wire? If so you must connect that to the concert II ground. The Concert II will automatically see the attached GW100 as a CDC and pressing the CD button switches between CD & CDC.

No mate it doesn't, I'll make one. Where is best to connect it?

What do you mean is it doesn't have one? Maybe you can post a pic of the harness

Sorry mate, it does have one - my apologies. Is there a certain place that this has to go? Thanks again

Connect it to the thickish brown wire that's in the top left - terminal position, marked as pin 8 of the 8 pin connector.

picture.php

Reactions: Aidy06
Connect it to the thickish brown wire that's in the top left - terminal position, marked as pin 8 of the 8 pin connector.

picture.php

Thanks Nigel, appreciate it. Didn't realise that would stop it working, I'll have a look at it tomorrow

Just as a test, making sure you have radio code to hand incase it doesn't remember your vin, remove that connector, temp push the black wire into the back of brown terminal/wire & plug back into radio, then test & see if works, that way before you strip/wire in "properly" you will know if this is the issue.

Just as a test, making sure you have radio code to hand incase it doesn't remember your vin, remove that connector, temp push the black wire into the back of brown terminal/wire & plug back into radio, then test & see if works, that way before you strip/wire in "properly" you will know if this is the issue.

Will do buddy, thanks again for the info. Will have a look at it in the morning, hopefully that is the issue and its an easy fix

Was mostly Craig tbh, but he's probably down the pub lol.

Thanks Nigel & Craig, got it working. Thanks a lot, really appreciate the help. Was ready to throw it out the window at one point haha, one more question though. How do I access albums? It's all very complicated ha

Never mind I've figured it out, quite complicated but I'll get used to it. It's times like this that I miss my Golf with the iPod armrest connection and RNS510 ha

Then why not fit an rns-e & ami :p

Any of you two know how to shuffle an album or playlist by any chance? Can't seem to figure it out at all, thanks