Replacing stock sub A3 8P3

MadA3

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a standard concert head unit on my A3 8P3. Sound is okay but I want better bass. I'm not looking to spend too much. I saw this kit on ebay, looks cheap and cheerful:

12" Bass Package - Amp and Sub Pack 400W Amp & 12" 900W Sub Box - TOO CLEAR | eBay

would this work with my current set up?

I know this has been asked a million times, but reading all the different threads has confused me. My understanding is that the front speakers run off the HU, and the rears off of the amp connected to the sub?

So would this package allow me to have louder rears too?

Also in terms of wiring could I just use the existing wiring from the stock sub, and just run a new power cable?

I'm looking to spend about £150 all in for better bass, at first the stock system was great but just doesn't have the punch that it used to.

You can pick up the feeds for the amp from the existing wiring, but you will lose the rears. You either need to keep the Audi amp connected for the rears or use a 4ch amp. Why on earth would you want louder rears? The stock rears are only designed to handle the puny 2 x 20w from the rear/sub amp, so putting more power through them will only sound terrible and likely damage them
This guide shows you how to run power and link into the stock Audi amp.
http://freepdfhosting.com/8677a0ca0d.pdf