B6 Bose help please

sinic

Audi WAudi
Reaction score
I've got the Bose system in my 2004 B6 TDI Sport - always been quite impressed with the general sound, not bad for an old car's standard system - ok some of you may say it looses sound quality when you wack it right up but for general stuff its always served me well.

MY problem now is that half the time the rear offside door has no sound , or it crackles , the rest of the time its fine as normal.

I've checked the connector plug on the amp which seems fine
I've wiggled the rear door plug and doesn't seem to make a difference
I've wiggled the front door plug and doesn't seem to make a difference

Also, for the dfoor plugs I can slide the purple clip across but how the hell do you get that plug out?

I've just notice today that just closing any door or boot lid can make it cut out or crackle, and sometimes when I go over bump it can come on or go off or stop or start crackling

The rest of the time I get strange suppression noise through the tweeter that gets higher pitch the faster I go.

Can anyone recommend a common fix? or a common damaged wire that I can check? or give any advice? It's really annoying (and makes me look like a muppet when I 've got a date in the car)

Thanks

Oh, It might be worth adding that I've the Connects 2 fitted to the back of the head unit......
Would or could that be causing the problem?
Thanks

It's usually the connectors on the door pillars that need a good clean
B6DoorConnector.jpg

Or worse case it's a dry solder joint on the Bose amp - is it worse on a cold morning?

It's usually the connectors on the door pillars that need a good clean
B6DoorConnector.jpg

Or worse case it's a dry solder joint on the Bose amp - is it worse on a cold morning?

Thanks for the pictures, I should be able to get the plugs unplugged now,
Temperature doesn't seem to make a difference so fingers crossed I can clean the door plugs and cure the problem

Will update, cheers.