Bose by pass

audi-a6

Reaction score
Has any one ever re-routed the speakers, so that they play off head unit or after market amp and not the bose amp?, im going to up grade door speakers and want to run them off an aftermarket amp, but dont want to run new wires from each speaker, Can i just locate the main plug, disconnect and feed to new amp?

yes of course, although it Will mean pulling from the ISo plugs behind the head unit and extending them to the location of your new amp

what do you mean? I already have amps in boot, i was thinking that the wires from each speaker currently go to the oe amp in the side of the boot and was hoping that i could just feed them of there and directly to new amp, thus not even touching the head unit?

If you locate your new amp where the existing BOSE amp is then you will have the 4 line outs available at that plug as well. So you would have remote/power/line levels and speaker wires all in one place.

all my amps are already installed neatly on the boot floor, with line outs to them, as the brain for my head unit is under the seat, so i literally just need to feed all the door speakers from the amps in my boot

Yes you can just use the existing speaker wiring, extend it from the connector on the Bose amp to the brain of your HU. Don't expect it to sound great though unless you have upgraded the Bose speakers as well. If using the Bose speakers and hideous Nokia tweeters ensure your amps are 1.5ohm stable as that's the impedance of the Bose speakers

Sorry was thinking of front speakers which are likely driven from the HU, do you know which speakers are driven from the Bose amp?

If you have BOSE then all speakers are driven from the AMP, only in a non BOSE system are the fronts driven by the head unit.

yeah, going to upgrade all speakers, my amp is 1,2 and 4 ohm stable any way, so should be okay to run till i get round to changing speakers