Stereo background noise

Stuart35205

Reaction score
Today I have just fitted an after market kenwood to my 2000 a3 8L , the rear is run off the audi amp I believe aswell as the rear sub , it all works ok but with the sound down low there is a background whine from the rear ? Any ideas pls?
Cheers
Stuart

You're probably using the hopeless speaker input adapter PC9-408, you need to use the RCA input adapter PC9-404
This uses a straight connection between your pre-outs and the rear amp, the one you have uses a cheap hi-lo converter on your rear speaker connection which introduces hiss and alternator whine

Hate the 408 with a passion. Always found connects2 or incartec leads give you less hassle in most cases

Cheers for the reply I believe I am using the pc9-408 which takes the green& purple wires & connects them to the red audi plug for the rear and its switched on with the remote output (blue wire from hu) so if I use the pc9-404 is this the one with phono leads in the kit?

Yes that's the one (as long as you have rear RCA's/phono's on the Kenwood)

Yes cheers only a pair tho that should be enough looking at the pic of the wiring kit!
cheers
stuart