Rear screen dab aerial help

Magicmcfc

Reaction score
Hi

Hope someone can help. I notice my b8 avant has a dab aerial built into the rear side screen. Would it be possible to connect this to my pure highway dab? I see you can buy a amplifier part number 4F9035225S if I bought this could the output be used for my pure highway. I cannot find and wiring details for the amplifier to prove this.
If not could the aerial be used on its own. There seems to be 3 connections on the aerial any idea which ones to use?

Thanks hope someone can help

Paul.

I think you could, but the amplifier would have to be powered, so you would need to send a phantom +12v down the line to the antenna amplifier, you can find adaptors that do that on ebay. On the window the glass is marked R O T or something similar, basically the initials for the 3 coloured wires in german.If you buy the kufatec B8 avant DAB antenna kit for the fistune, then you get the amplifier, cable, plug with 3 colour coded wires and mounting bolt. So it makes sense to buy that kit although the cable is designed to run to the left side of the boot, so may not reach up to the front of the car.

But they also sell phantom power adaptors and extension cables.

FISTUNE® antenna module A4 8K Avant-39531-4

Here's the phantom adaptor, but cheaper ones are available on fleabay...

Adapter - Audi/VW Original Active TV Antennas-34589

Great that looks like what I need.
Will look in ebay to price this it.
So basically I just run a 12v feed to amplifier and connect up to window aerial. The cable that comes out I would just connect to the adapter and then plug into my pure highway

Thanks paul

Just thinking about it I actually have a spare 8K avant DAB antenna kit in stock, I bought two and one car was cancelled, I also have some phantom cable adaptors as well. Just wondering as your name ends mcfc if your local to Manchester.

Yes I live in North Manchester. If I got the kit off you would that be all I need.
Also what price do you think it would cost? Pay day is 2 weeks away!

The only problems I forsee are the length of cable, and the connection between the Pure DAB and phantom connector. I think the phantom has FAKRA on one side to go to the DAB amplifier, so no problem there, but on the pure side it has an F connector. So you need to bridge the gap between the pure and the phantom with the right cable, I've never seen a pure highway, so what antenna connector does it have?

Pure Highway <-- ? * Cable * F-type --> Phantom connector +12V <-- Fakra * cable * Fakra --> antenna amp

This is roughly how it is connected. I'm guessing the ? is some sort of mini connector to go into the pure highway.

Hi

I am at work so do not have the highway in front of me. But I do think the external aerial connection for it looks like a headphone connector.
Will look when I get back tonight.
Thanks

Just had a poke around the web, it seems the Pure has a 2.5mm stereo jack for the antenna and it seems it carries power down one of the cables, so you might be able to use that for powering the phantom unit. You would have to work out which of the 3 wires are ground, signal and power and then wire them into the phantom adaptor accordingly.

Ok thanks. Let you know job I get on with checking cable for power. Be in touch about amp if it will work.
Thanks again for great information