rear door cards

dgannon69

Reaction score
hi guys i've got a 3-door 99T, A3 and want to get to the speakers in the back. They are just infront of the back seats where your knees would be if you were sat in the back. The audi concert has been replaced with a JVC dvd/cd player and the front with infinity's. ever since re-wiring it the back speakers don't work so i need to know which wires are connected to the back speakers... any advice on which wires i should be after and how to get the rear cards off would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Dave

The reason the rears don't work with the new HU is that they are active speakers, with thier own amp, connected to a pre-out on the back of the orginal HU. You need to get a wiring adapter to connect the speaker outs on the new HU to the rear speaker harness.

Something like this should do it. Adapter Linky

The rear pre-out also drives the sub in the boot, off the same amp inside the sub enclosure.
You'd be far better off rewiring the rear speakers directly from the new HU as the Audi amp is only 2 x 20w.
It's quite a job pulling the rear door cards as they are held on by metal spring clips which can be really stiff and unless you're careful you can rip the door card itself.
The adapters are readily available, either RCA input or speaker input.
Adapter

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're link needs some attention Jeff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not the only thing about me that needs attention, mate! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif