speaker whine

troopa

Reaction score
Just fitted appradio to my bose a4. Getting a whine noise which changes tone when I accelerate. I believe its a ground issue if it does this but how can I check?

If you are using the hopeless PC9-408 adapter then that's the cause, it uses a cheap and nasty hi to lo converter on the speaker outputs which causes alternator whine. The PC9-410 adapter is the correct one to use

Im using ctsadoo3 with steering controls as it hooks up to the canbus so it works as the oem one does. dims with lights on and switches off only when key is pulled out.

CTSAD003.2 should be the right one, try earthing the chassis of the HU to the car chassis

What would be the difference with the .2?
I will definitely try the chassis ground and report back.

Had this before on a new a3 I couldn't sort it using that lead, so I used a incartech lead which worked perfect :) In Car Entertainment, Bluetooth & Multimedia fitting solutions and interfaces if they won't deal with you directly let me know. dunno where you've got the lead from? but if you end up sending it back dont let them fob you off with swapping the lead over in hope that its faulty because its not, make sure they change it for another brand :)

or

You can also try putting a earth on the outter of the RCA and re earthing the ground feeds on the Bose amp and head unit.

the ctsar002 was the old version the ctsar002.2 , I'm pretty sure it's just a updated software on the little black box.

Just tried to ground the rca's and it made it alot worse. Ground the head unit directly, did nothing. If i touch the rca cables anywhere on the hu body i get the noise through the speakers. Dont know where to start with the bose? Going to get a couple loop isolators and se what they do. I had to modify the current harness so don really want to buy another one.

Yeah it does make it worse sometimes, you can get adjustable ground loops which sometimes help but don't expect the same sound quality. Trust me I tried new earth points on the amp and head unit, tried different stereos to different brands which no joy

best bet use a incartech lead :) that will sort the problem, I know it's pain in the **** but if you're unsure of what you're looking for I wouldn't mess.

9 times out of 10 the connects 2 leads are fine then you'll get that 1 car that really doesnt like connects 2 leads, I've got no explanation for it and I know connects 2 can't explain they will just tell you what's already been said on here sadly.

Will that lead work like my current one though. Or will I need to tap a switched power from the fuse box?

Pretty sure it's plug a nod play mate :) what year a4 is it?

Which ones did you get? If they are adjustable you maybe able to reduce it but you'll lose some sound. In my experience of using them they've not worked or made the problem worse most the time :( , maybe worth trying another unit if you have one knocking about? On the off chance that the pioneers earth track is faulty ( although I really can't see it being that )