Badger5Sky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

S/E HCB-700 b/t car kit

Mint! just replaced my HCB-300 with HCB-700, kit is mega! voice-digit dialling picks up the spoken phone numbers digits really well, you can speak the digits at a decent pace and it has no trouble correctly interpreting them.
    Use the kit with 2 phones, easily hops between either. each phone can have it's own colour too, although you also get the active phone's name in the display.
    And the best bit? when you sync the phonebook into the kit, you can do it for each phone and it must store them separately, so when you hop between phones, the relevant phonebook is the one you access - oh, and THAT phone's call-list!!

Absolute class! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]

OK, so it's a way to get a psuedo-MMI "interface" into an A3 on the cheap!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Warmonger

Status

Re: S/E HCB-700 b/t car kit

sounds good - u have any pics of ur install and where did you put the screen ?

1st Gear

Status

no pics yet, but i'll get some done on the weekend. Screen located above r.v.mirror!, i don't use the small centre visor anyhow!

1st Gear

Status

My missus recons I'm suppressing deep desires to be a cabby, with the display positioned where it is.
    Could never do that, don't have the (?) courage to run red lights, or know how to cut people up and sit outside a house at midnight blaring the horn....

MasterMofo: i'm getting a bracket made for placement of the controller - A3 MMI - stylee! will snag some pics once all sorted.

PS: I read on the forums that the cr@ppy b/t firmware on the K750i wouldn't support NAME voice-dialling, but digit-voice dialling works fine.
    Well I forgot that I hadn't set up any new nametags for my contacts (as this is my 2 replacement K750), so set a couple up, gave it a whirl, and feck-me, it works!

Chuffed as a bear with 2 @rses to [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif[/img] in the woods with!
    now, just need my ally dsg paddles to arrive in the post!