RNSE +Alpine KCE-425i : do I specifically need a Kufatec interface??

popes996

Reaction score
As above really; I have the KCE-425i now and am sorting the VIM SW; is a Kufatec interface the only option?

Last edited:
Yes, an RNS-E Multimedia Adapter (Kufatec or other) is the only way to get video input onto your RNS-E. In your case the Multimedia adaptor would plug into the RNS-E and the Apline iPod unit plug into the multimedia adapter.

I'm currently in the middle of dismantling my Rear View Camera setup so will have a multimedia adapter for sale if interested.

Also note that you can only perform the VIM on the MK1 RNS-E.

2006 B7 8E 2.7Tdi - RNSE with cd/tv button - how much for the adaptor?

I'm gathering bits up to throw at the car and as I'll need some coding doing I plan on doing it all at once......

A427tdiSLine-1.jpg

Loving the avant, especially with the rotors, looks awesome.

This is pretty much the same as I have MULTIMEDIA INTERFACE AUDI RNS-E A3 A4 A6 adapter 0003 | eBay.

I paid £110 in December for it, I'd sell it on for £80.

Bare in mind its still connected to my car so I'd need to strip it out when I get the time. The interface also has a CAM input so you could install a RVC if you wanted to.

Thanks; loving the car - got rid of GTTDI for a Golf estate when littlun came along, happy to be back in something with a bit of luxury!!

I'll have the adaptor when you're ready; Paypal OK? Let me know when it's out ;)

Righto! Been buying and collecting and about to attack the RNSE mods - have done SDS and mic mods this weekend and have Cruise Control kit from TPS arriving tomorrow; bit the bullet and ordered VCDS so I can do my own fiddling - Any movement with your adaptor??

Hey Popes, sorry for the delay!

Just handed in my final assignment tonight so I can finally get about removing mods from my car.

I need to look at the adaptor as I've got a problem with my RVC as I get a distortion on the screen at the top which is either from the camera or the interface, so I need to find out which one is at fault as I don't want to send you the adapter if you're going to get a distorted picture too.

Heres the video of my distorted Rear View Camera:

Audi A3 RNS-E MK2 Rear View Camera - Auto Switch Glitch - YouTube