Denison Ice Link & Concert II w/ BOSE

mandyray

Reaction score
My A3 has arrived with the dealer and is now having the Votex kit fitted so I hope to get the keys this w/e /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

... So... I have searched the forum and know that the Denison Ice Link Plus will work with Concert II & BOSE but I wondered if it is also possible to add a hands-free mobile kit that will work through the stereo or does the Denison use up the 'mute' input???

Excuse my ignorance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif All advice greatly appreciated! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

no it is possible and no confiction at all on my mk1 A3 (I assume should be same on newer models)
i have both
dension doesnt touch the telemute at all

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif Cheers!

Also, I forgot to ask... does the head unit control the iPod?

Anyone recommend a good phone kit which also charges your mobile?

yes it does have limited control - you can change playlists using the disc selects and also skip thru tracks using track fwd/back

Cool - was it easy to install? Any tips? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

very easy - hard to get out the head unit and the dension instructions dont tell you to earth the black wire

apart from that - a 20min job

search on here there are loads on guides i think in previous posts

minor point, but the new denison install instructions now tell you to earth the black wire.

install is pretty easy - it must be if I managed it without breaking anything...

are you going to get the cradle version or just the connector wire version?

the cradle allows you to see track names as the iPod will be on show, also means that you can switch to using the iPod controls instead of using the headunit to select the first 5 playlists.

the wire only connector is usually used to put your iPod in the glovebox or somewhere else that's hidden so that you get an invisible install - better for security as if there's a cradle on show, some scumbag will be tempted to break in on the assumption that you're too lazy to take the iPod out of the car completely. you lose the ability to use the iPod controls unless you have very long arms and x-ray vision tho.

finally, you could always consider using a tomtom go 500 or 700 to give you nav and bluetooth handsfree, and if they ever iron out the problems with the permanent docking kit, you would get phone through the stereo speakers as well as nav instructions. no option to charge your phone in car - you'd have to use something else for that, and check that your phone is compatible or you have to do some manual jiggery pokery to get a phonebook available in the tomtom, other than that it seems to work ok. there's also a free monthly updated speed camera database available for it, which is the main reason I didn't go for the OEM nav+ (well that and the price...)

hope that helps...

-Lou

Thank you both for your replies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I'll go for the cradle version - I'd prefer to see the iPod despite the added risks!

I've just realised that the correct name is DENSION rather than DENISON as I originally thought... so now I'll search the forum again using the correct name! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I have the cradle option. I have it set up so I can use the Ipod interface, but also use the headunit controls to skip/fast forward through tracks. The plus side to me is that the missus can scroll through in detail while I am driving.

As others have said, it's easy to install, especially once you've done it a couple of times!

i have fitted the dension ice link plus to my 2001 s3 concert with bose,and i cant get it to work properely i get into the menu by pressing cd 6 on track 2 and press forward on the head unit,but when it gets to settings it stops working and i cant set anthing up it then just plays some random music which i dont want to listenen to has any one got a step by step guide on how to set my ipod up.please its doin my head in. cheers