Audi Phatnoise 20Gb for £189 Group Buy

Do you need a minimum number of purchases for this Ian?

Anyway, good work fella /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Kev.

i estimated 10-20 sales as its comparable to ebay prices with guarantee etc.
but jason has offered the price on an individual basis, so feel free to start buying /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif i have my order in already. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i am paying by paypal. mine will arrive wednesday so will try to install on wed but if not thursday and let you know how i get on.

Guys,

Just so you are aware the cable that comes with the Audi Phatnoise assumes that you already have the CD changer cable pre-installed in your car. (So I am led to believe)

Any chance he could match that price for a Phatnoise compatible with the Alpine CDM9823 HU?

[ QUOTE ]
Any chance he could match that price for a Phatnoise compatible with the Alpine CDM9823 HU?

[/ QUOTE ]

you could email him and see...he was pretty helpful to be honest.

I am not entirely sure how the Phatnoise works. Can I drag and drop songs from my ipod into it as this would save me having to download all my music again?

[ QUOTE ]
I am not entirely sure how the Phatnoise works. Can I drag and drop songs from my ipod into it as this would save me having to download all my music again?

[/ QUOTE ]

i am guessing no.

I dont have an ipod because it uses .m4u extension on files, from what i have seen - i.e not mp3's which is what the phatnoise and the rest of the world except sony (although sony have seen the light too) use.

Not sure if Itunes can export to mp3 (and the ipod play mp3's) or if it was just the one i saw that was set up as default to use .m4u (ala windows media player and .wma files)

But you dont have to download your music all over again either way. You only need to convert your Itunes files to mp3 which can be done as a batch (albeit space and time hungry).

Hopefully somebody will come along and correct me if i am wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Some one please do... I've got all my music on an apple in iTunes. What is the easiest way to get it onto the phatnoise?

I have a windows laptop too...

Kev.

I've been speaking to them for about two months about a group buy. I have about 20 guys on the TT forum all looking to buy as it looked like I was heading towards a group buy at around £150 although this was for the VW unit.

I bought a VW unit from them and it works perfectly in my Audi but I did have the 6cd so I just plugged that cable in to the phatbox cable.

I'm gonna contact Jason and see if he's more use than James who I've been dealing with. They still owe me a fixing kit since July/August despite my promise of 25 people buying. They told me they couldn't cope with that size of order so I wonder how they'll handle this group buy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Good find Ian!

I think I'll be investing in one of these, but next month after I pay for new tyres /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I was actually gonna post and see if anyone knew of a software flash that exists for the Symphony II that will let it play MP3 CDs?

Ive just been on the site and it states they are not taking any new sales at present?

oh yeh - that notice wasnt there when i ordered mine. i will let you know if mine arrives tomorrow as jason stated it would. i will also try to have a look at install asap but footie on tomorrow and weather not best for standing out in.
I will let you know whether the audi cable is required or not asap. that way you could save 40quid on scotty's tt group buy.

Try emailing him if you want to order. the notice maybe (i am only guessing) in anticipation of groupbuy!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Either way - if you dont feel 100% sure about it leave it. I have no affiliation at all with phatnoise, so dont want to lead anybody into anything that i am stupid enough to embark on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers

Ian

I got an email back from Jason. It seems the company is going through a reorganisation and James and Jason no longer work together.

I'm now seeing if Jason will pick up from James on the group buy at around £150. I'll keep you advised.

[ QUOTE ]
Some one please do... I've got all my music on an apple in iTunes. What is the easiest way to get it onto the phatnoise?

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've an iPod that has only mp3 files on it. It all works fine though I'm windows based.
You can convert between formats in iTunes (in preferences change the rip settings to mp3 now when you right click on a song you should have an option to convert to mp3).
If I was you I'd email them and see if the phatbox is compatible with a mac. You might be able to bypass the phatbox software (which I think is pc only) and just copy songs onto the unit to play them. Again I'd don't own a phatbox so don't quote me.

The best way to do it though is to use your windows laptop... convert your entire library to mp3 on your mac then burn to dual format cd or dvd (depending on how big your music library is). Now copy all your music library onto your windows laptop and then to your phatbox. A bit long winded but you'll also have a backup of your ripped music? (If you ever need to move it again?) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'm tempted by this but the site states I need a 2001 a3 or later even though the user manual has a picture of my 1999 concert 1 stereo? Any ideas?

ta,
jbw

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've an iPod that has only mp3 files on it. It all works fine though I'm windows based.
You can convert between formats in iTunes (in preferences change the rip settings to mp3 now when you right click on a song you should have an option to convert to mp3).
If I was you I'd email them and see if the phatbox is compatible with a mac. You might be able to bypass the phatbox software (which I think is pc only) and just copy songs onto the unit to play them. Again I'd don't own a phatbox so don't quote me.

The best way to do it though is to use your windows laptop... convert your entire library to mp3 on your mac then burn to dual format cd or dvd (depending on how big your music library is). Now copy all your music library onto your windows laptop and then to your phatbox. A bit long winded but you'll also have a backup of your ripped music? (If you ever need to move it again?) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'm tempted by this but the site states I need a 2001 a3 or later even though the user manual has a picture of my 1999 concert 1 stereo? Any ideas?

ta,
jbw

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice mate, it's not as bad as I thought it could have been, atleast I have options.

I too have the Concert 1 stereo and I assume I'll have no problems *hopes*.

Kev.

He called me from the US today and after a chat he'll do either the VW or the Audi unit for £164inc VAT and P&P.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I don't believe how quick things change!!

This is now off!!

Jason will have a new site up on Sunday where anyone can buy an Audi unit at a new price. It will be the same price as he sells for on Ebay. He will not be doing any group buys.