Phatnoise / Phatbox Group Buy Interest?

IanL-RS3

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting a phatnoise from
http://www.phatnoiseuk.co.uk/phatnoise_buy.php

But you'll note the difference in price between audi and vw. I am currently emailing the guy on that site about the differences. So far i can ascertain that the units themselves are identical, but the cabling different. but i have noted that a few audi owners on here have installed the vw in their cars.

Q1) Would you be interested in a group-buy (depending on price etc)

Q2) Can anyone confirm or deny that the VW phatnoise will fit in place of the CD changer in an Audi. And either way if you could detail the model etc

Cheers

Ian

I'd be interested. Does any know wether the VW one would also fit an Octavia to replace the CD autochanger. It would be handy to get my other half one as well if I ever borrow her car.

The VW one is the same as the Audi (I've just bought one), but you need to change the cable.

I suggest you talk to Craigyb on these forums, as he may be able to help you out!

I got my VW from them and installed it in the glovebox of my Audi. I had the 6cd in the glovebox so it was a simple remove, screw down and plug in.

p.s. I had to remove the aluminium casing to get it to fit in the space :
phatbox.jpg

hmmmm, she's got a bog standard skoda symphony headunit and a 6 cd autochanger, I know one will fit in my A4 but we use her car at the weekend to keep my miles down. So being able to just take the cartridge would be a big benifit. I've got a feeling it would work, just wanted to double check