A4 Bluetooth Retrofit installation pics

• Thread starter imported_craigyjp
  • Start date
I

imported_craigyjp

So today I installed a BT kit for Scott Francis in his A4, Scott had already installed an RNS-E and parrot kit, I removed parrot kit and installed the Audi OEM BT kit and coded it up for his car.

Paired with a Motorola Razor V3 (Black) it worked like a charm, SIM access profile and full integration, BT module installed behind GB and Mic in the normal roof position.

Here are the screen shots...

Main Dialer screen...
dialer.jpg

Accessing Phone setup options....
setup.jpg

Accessing the SIM over BT....
simaccess.jpg

Firmware verion H50 and SW0360...
firmware.jpg

When BT connects you get this message and the Bling...
cluster1.jpg

When you make a call from your phone....
cluster2.jpg

When making a calll from the Phone Directory...
cluster3.jpg

All in all, better quality than the Parrot kit and no ugly bits on the dash.

Craig

Hi Craig - I have tried to PM you but they say you have exceeded your quota!! Any chance you could let me have details of Phatnoise supply and fit. Thanks

Hi there,
What would the price be of an install of a BT kit as per the one in this thread - won't have any old kit to take out mind you.
Thanks

Hi

It is not a part offered by audi, but it can be ordered as an option on new cars.

It would replace the gsm prep for interfacing only, you could keep any cradle, antenna and mic etc.

Craig

I mean I buy the parts used by audi in their installation and install them as audi would do in their cars.

If you walk into Audi and say fit me a OEM phone kit, they will say "go away".

But if your ordering a new A4/A3 etc then you can specify BT as an option.

There is nothing to stop you going into the parts dept and ordering the bits needed, working out the wiring and coding and fitting it yourself.

Just as I have done.

There is a wealth of information already posted to tyremsoke, navplus etc....

You're a funny guy Craig!..

Here's a question for you then... I have read all the stuff on the Navplus site you have been doing and its pretty impressive...
I have gsm prep already with cullmann but not BT. Could I do a straight swap of the phone module to support BT as well as the cradle etc?. All my wiring etc is all done given I have RNS-E aswell...
Where is the module located? I guess its behind the dash somewehere...

That I can't answer, the cullman module in my 2002 car was 1st generation and I did use some of the wiring, like the run to the mic, mute and tel+/- leads.

But the RS6 came with no preperation so it was a fresh install.

I can basically say that the mic will be compatible. The module maye be a "D" module for the telephone and that is BT already, but posibbly not configured correctly.

But I would upgrade to the "C" module to get full functionality with the RNS-E

VAG you car and check the phone module revsion. If it's a D buy a C and upgrade your RNS-E to FW360. Recode your RNS-E and phone module and you should get the same as me and keep your cradle too.