Head unit and handsfree advice please

spannah

Reaction score
Hi All,

So i have the audi concert in my 2005 a4 and in the centre console there is a dock for a phone which is built into the soundsystem.

There is also a handsfree button on the steering wheel.

My question is can i change the dock to an iphone dock? Can this be done, tbh i dont even know what phone this dock is for but i would like to make good use of it.

Show us the dock mate as standard audi docks are in the glovebox for ipod.

The Phone cradle is in the Armrest! you can buy a iPhone adaptor that fits, but it can't be used for music transfer to the speakers unless you use the earphone out > Aux in.

I think he needs to clarify tbh mate, as he said center console, best to show a pic tbh.

Hi guys, the dock is in the centre arm rest, i will put up a pic as soon as i can.

Guys, sorry for the delay in getting the pics. But here they are.
IMAG0720IMAG0721IMAG0722

It may have BT fitted aswell tbh, have you searched with your phone BT when ignition 1st turned on & yes depending if I5 has the adapter yet with audi, they do have Iphone adapters.

It may have BT fitted aswell tbh, have you searched with your phone BT when ignition 1st turned on & yes depending if I5 has the adapter yet with audi, they do have Iphone adapters.

Actually i have not searched on my phone to see if it has got BT because there is no BT button on the head unit.
Also what the hell do i search for online when searching for an adapter to plug onto the dock for an iphone?

This one is mainly for the iPhone 4\4S

Audi iPhone cradle | eBay

There is no "button" to enable BT, as Nigel said, do a search when you first turn on the ignition and Audi will show up on your phone menu.

There's a thanks clicky you can use to thank members for there help.

So i managed to pair up my phone with the head unit using the 1234 pin so thanks for advising me on that. So chuffed!
However i could make calls and hear me making a call via the speakers but i dont think the person on the other end could hear me. Do you know where they normally install the mic or do we still speak into or towards the direction of the mobile phone?

Also do you know if its possible to play music off my phone via the BT?

No, you just speak normally, the mics in the light assembly in the roof.

No, you just speak normally, the mics in the light assembly in the roof.

Thanks NHN i will give it another go in the morning.
Do you know if its possible to play music off my phone via the bluetooth or is it purely for phone calls only?

Ahhh man im so happy, this bluetooth handsfree is the best, i am so glad it came with the car. So happy.
Music is a biatch but as long as the radio works right.

Yeah & you still dont know how to use the thanks system lol.