HELP aftermarket headunit insall with bose

WILLTHARE7

Reaction score
hey,

i have a a4 avant b6 trying to install after market radio i have the bose harness with rca i just cant get it to power up.

on the audi 8 pin i have a brown which is earth i guess and red/blue green/blue and two small bown wires what goes to what lol

You will have to run a switched live from the ACC in the fuse box to make it power up.

The A4 B6 has a perm live, ground, K-line (blue/green), BOSE (brown) and possibly the DWA (brown)

You will have to run a switched live from the ACC in the fuse box to make it power up.

The A4 B6 has a perm live, ground, K-line (blue/green), BOSE (brown) and possibly the DWA (brown)

ohh right. what sort of cabe can you use for the switch live. and also iv read the two small brown wires i leave out.

cheers mate..

The switched live can be anything really, about the same as the brown wires would suffice. Yes you do not need the K-line (blue/green) or brown thin wires for the aftermarket system.

The switched live can be anything really, about the same as the brown wires would suffice. Yes you do not need the K-line (blue/green) or brown thin wires for the aftermarket system.

ok thank you very much. i just read you can get a switch live feed from the cigarette light on center console or theres a red wire under the steering column have you heard of that

cheers

Cigarette lighter sockets are usually perm live in an Audi B6. I would go to the fuse box on the right of the car or the steering column. There are lots of perm lives around in your car so be careful you do pick a switched live.

hey all thanks for all the posts that have been very helpful :).

i have install the hu plus a reverse camera it was all successful until ....lol

well there was me driving along with the radio on then i indicate right i hear the tic toc in the speakers lol so i guess i tapped into the wrong red wire under the steering column. haha