A4 2006 ipod question

tuffy

Reaction score
Since i've had my A4, i've mentioned to my father in law that its possible to connect his ipod to his symphony 2 hd, which he fancies doing.

The only trouble, is the ones he's seen seem to fit from 2001-2006 then 2006- onwards. Which one would he need as his car is right on the change over year??

Thanks

Well ones iso & ones quadlock, show us a pic of his radio please.

IIRC all Symphony II's are ISO, then they moved to quadlock on the Symphony II+ - which can play mp3 CD's

IIRC all Symphony II's are ISO, then they moved to quadlock on the Symphony II+ - which can play mp3 CD's

Thanks. His is def just symphony 2, built in 6 cd unit. So safe to say ISO??

Last edited:
would one of you guys be kind enough to post a link for the correct/best system that he can buy??

would one of you guys be kind enough to post a link for the correct/best system that he can buy??

Am i right in thinking you can get one that will display the track names etc?? If i get him the wrong one he'll only moan!

Looks ok to me from 1st glance, has older style connectors for changer input.

Looks ok to me from 1st glance, has older style connectors for changer input.

Thanks Nigel. He emailed the car audio warehouse, as it states in the description that the unit can enable artist and song name to be displayed on the hu

They claim this is only possible if the hu displays artist/song while playing cd's Do you know this to be true? If not may as well just go for the .2 as its nearly half the price,

In the dis maybe, but probably not on head unit, need to check with manufacturer.