Alpine and Steering Wheel controls

StephenC

Reaction score
I've just upgraded my Concert Radio for an Alpine INE-S920Ei (catchy name, isn't it!) in a 2012 A3 (8P). I've not played with it much yet but am looking for help with the steering wheel controls. I have the connection module installed (don't ask me the details as the workshop did it) and can use the 'previous/next track' and 'volume' dials on the steering wheel. The 'mode' button just seems to bring up a message on the dash saying "no phone attached" and the 'speech' button doesn't do anything. Is there any way to get one of those two buttons to answer / hang up calls? I have had the dealer disable the factory bluetooth (which they kindly did for free).

Thanks

So far I'm happy with the system (I can't compare with the Audi Sat-Nav but it seems more responsive than my old Zenec unit, which had a great feature set but naff touch screen)

No way that I know of, these buttons are sepcifically for the Audi BT system or something that emulates it, so I guess the integration of the Alpine is not that sophisticated.

I suspect you are right. The Zenec used the 'speak' button to answer calls but advertised itself as designed specifically for the Audi so a more generic unit like mine may not work. Still worth a shot, in case somebody brighter than me has a solution.