Pinouts for Audi Sub?

gizze

Reaction score
I have a problem with the rear left output on our A6 avant, there is nothing at all.

I have tried it with Symphony and an RNS-E and it is the same so not head unit.
In fact when you fade to the rear and left you can still hear the sub going. So I thought I would swap the cables over on the connector going into the amp, this will tell me if it is a connection from the amp to the speaker ot something in the amp/sub that is gone.

So has anyone got a pinout of the sub?

Thanks guys.

If the sub still works when faded rear/left then there is definately signal getting to the amp as the sub works off the same rear pre-outs. Not sure on the A6 Avant but on the A4 Avant the sub runs off the same amp bridged in tri-mode so I would doubt it is the amp. Far more likely it is the wiring from the amp to the rear left speaker.
It'll be tricky to swap the wires over at the amp without cutting cables, far easier to just take the rear left door card off and connect a spare speaker.
I only have the pin outs for the A4 Avant (02).

I think you are right about removing the door cards, ah well, it will give me something to do on Sunday!

Cheers Andy.

Didn't realise there are no clips to break on the A6 door cards, two screws to remove and lifts straight off.
It was the connector that had come undone, now that is sorted time to put the RNS-E in now.