Rns/e advice please

tuffy

Reaction score
Right guys. Think i've made the decision to upgrade my symphony 2 (think its a 2) to the RNS/E. Now i've read the sticky on retro fitting it, sounds fairly straight forward if you already have the symphony 2.

I have a few questions i hope you guys can answer

-I have Bose...will this be effected??

-will my factory Bluetooth/phone prep be effected??

-Will i still need to buy a connects2 or similar to connect my ipod

- Any problems arrise with the drivers info system?

-Best place to get additional cables (if any required)?

-Any other tips or pit falls to be aware of during the fitting?

Thanks guys, and sorry if i've duplicated another question, i searched the best i could.

I have a few questions i hope you guys can answer

-I have Bose...will this be effected??

-will my factory Bluetooth/phone prep be effected??

-Will i still need to buy a connects2 or similar to connect my ipod

- Any problems arrise with the drivers info system?

-Best place to get additional cables (if any required)?

-Any other tips or pit falls to be aware of during the fitting?

Bose wire will need matching to correct pin, but will be fine.

BT when coded will be ok.

Depends on ipod solution, but may need an adapter if its the Symphony 2 older tape deck.

DIS will be fine if all coded properly.

Depends on what cables, but ebay is good start.

What years your car?

Last edited:
Bose wire will need matching to correct pin, but will be fine.

BT when coded will be ok.

Depends on ipod solution, but may need an adapter if its the Symphony 2 older tape deck.

DIS will be fine if all coded properly.

Depends onwhat cables but ebay is good start.

What years your car?

Thanks for quick reply Nigel
Mines a 06 Avant, And yes its the sysmphony2 with tape deck and 6 cd changer built in.
Will i need any additional cables Nigel for the swap?

Yes as craig mentioned, model would help lol, so assume A4?, so yes iso to quadlock, antenna adapter & gps, along with instruments bus coding along with others & make sure kline is connected or no comms with vcds.

Sorry guys. Yes 06 A4 Avant. So if i manage to pick one up with Gps antenna all i would need is a iso to quadlock cable??

Some form of ipod connection system?

And coding properly?

Sorry if i have misinterperated anything, some of the technical terms are all a bit foreign to me :sorry:

Last edited:
Also anyone able to code it for me in the Suffolk/Norfolk area please???

I need to contact a guy up that way who may need other work doing, so maybe I can, I'll ask.

I need to contact a guy up that way who may need other work doing, so maybe I can, I'll ask.

Thanks very much. Also was it correct what i assumed in post 6 regarding procedure Nigel
Thanks.

Last edited:
You'll possibly need to move some pins about, if you want it fitted for you, give me a shout mate.

It looks like a universal cable, trying to do everything as it has the speaker connector you don't need for BOSE and it's hard to tell if it has the BOSE wires required.

If you get the cable right then there is nothing to move around, it's just plug and play.

Save yourself a world of pain and get the right harness, with ebay harness you find faults like Bose & k-line pins incorrect, and the telmute wire grounded to earth, to name but a few. Kufatec sell harness that are configured to your car equipment RNS-E Bundle RNS-E Adapter + antenna adapter + Unlock key-34521 They are a little more expensive but they are plug & play (except for coding)

Save yourself a world of pain and get the right harness, with ebay harness you find faults like Bose & k-line pins incorrect, and the telmute wire grounded to earth, to name but a few. Kufatec sell harness that are configured to your car equipment RNS-E Bundle RNS-E Adapter + antenna adapter + Unlock key-34521 They are a little more expensive but they are plug & play (except for coding)

Thanks for that. Expensive lark this! with the cost of the RNS/E, £400-£500 connecting cables £50, ipod connection cable £50-£60. plus coding :wacko:

It looks like a universal cable, trying to do everything as it has the speaker connector you don't need for BOSE and it's hard to tell if it has the BOSE wires required.

If you get the cable right then there is nothing to move around, it's just plug and play.

Thank you

Yeah its got the bose wire Craig, can see it on the small black one on right, those radio keys are awful, but guess they will do, just dont be so forceful with them as the A4 cage/rns-e fitment is a little tight due to the rear rubber channel inserts holding it nice & static as such, was working on another today & I always hate pushing the radio's back in the B6/7's, got to work on 2 on saturday, damn it lol.