Audi phone prep benefits

tuffy

Reaction score
Hi all
My A4 came with phone prep fitted a Bluetooth.

My question is , what are the benefits of buying a expensive iPhone cradle adapter ?
Am I right in thinkin that Bluetooth does exactly what the phone prep does, apart from charging the phone?? And connecting to the external aerial?

maybe someone would be kind enough to enlighten me ?

Ive probably got it completely wrong !

Last edited:
Yeap tbh dash/armrest phoe prep really only has benefit of external antenna & charging, for me stick with BT as its just another fugly thing in car & doesnt benefit hugely when the phone usage is at your fingertips anyway even when in pocket as such.

Yeap tbh dash/armrest phoe prep really only has benefit of external antenna & charging, for me stick with BT as its just another fugly thing in car & doesnt benefit hugely when the phone usage is at your fingertips anyway even when in pocket as such.

Thanks for confirming that, that's around £50 to £100 you've saved me! Just means I will spend that on the connects2 for my iPod/iPhone
i thought there would be loads of used ones knocking round on eBay/here, but nothing! I guess if people have them in their cars and sell they just leave the connect2 in the car??

I have a cradle. 100 quid at Audi. Only buy one if you spend a lot of time in your car and don't want unsightly wires plugged in to you cig lighter. I got one as I wanted to free up a socket for my satnav but then had an RNSe fitted. I don't even bother with the cradle if I am in a short journey or my batteries dead