Tomtom go 300

steve1975l

Reaction score
I have just finished fitting my TTG 300 in my glovebox with the permanent docking kit so I thought I would share the pic.

For those that don't know the car kit does the following:
Direct power charging from your car battery (12V).
TomTom GO switches on/off with your car ignition.
Very clear voice instructions over your car stereo.
The car stereo will mute for the TomTom GO voice instructions.
Day/night view of your TomTom GO can be set to switch on and off automatically with the headlights.

Does that mean you have to drive with your glovebox open when using it?

Interesting positioning there. I guess if you go by voice directions alone that might be ok, but I'm pretty sure my mrs wouldn't be too impressed if the glove box had to be open all the time.

Did you fit it yourself? I've heard issues on the TomTom forums about getting the night view working with the headlights. Also with phone audio routing through the stereo, but I guess that's not applicable to the 300.

Looks like a pretty tidy install though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I recently took it to the USA but the car I hired did not have a cigarette lighter socket up front so I had to stick it on the rear window of the mini van where there was a power point. I had no problems driving just to voice prompts.

I fitted the kit myself. I don't like the idea of it stuck to my windscreen or anywhere else on show. You need to remove the TTG as well as the windscreen mount if you parked up as the scum know exactly what to look for. So I program the TTG, shut the golvebox and listen for directions from Jane.

I had no problems fitting it or getting the headlight sense pin to work and it was just plug and play. The phone routing can't be done on the 300. I have a SE bluetooth car kit and during calls the TTG takes priority during voice prompts.

At least you got the headlight sense pin working /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I know what you mean about removing all trace, it's one of the things I'm a little concerned about, especially as I'll have the Denison iPod cradle visible too, but I'm damned if I'm going to sacrifice functionality because of the thieving scumbags out there.

Yeah I know a lot people on other forums are having problems with the headlight sense. I just checked that all the pins had the right voltages on before I plugged the docking kit in. How difficult can 0v day /12v for night be? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I prefer things hidden like the AndyMac sub upgrade. I know what you mean about easy of use but I prefer it hidden, perhaps the 700's remote control has a use after all.