Move from RNS-E to Chorus with multi changer - CD wont load ?

GavConner

Reaction score
Good morning all

I've got a few questions about a move from RNS-E to Chorus with multi changer

The Chorus radio works perfect, the multi changer works great but the head unit CD won’t work. It won’t load or accept CD’s

There’s no error codes and no CD stuck inside the unit as if the CD button is pressed it says “No CD”

Questions ….

Is there a special way to select the head unit CD option and not the multi changer ?
As the car had a RNS-E in it will the Vag com or car software need changing ?
Is there anything else I need to do to reset the CD player to accept CDs ?

Thank you for your help !

Good morning all

Good morning :)

Is there a special way to select the head unit CD option and not the multi changer ?

I'm under the assumption the CD Changer is the external kind in the glovebox? If so then to access the CD Changer from the Chorus unit you press the CD button twice, which should display as 'CDC' on the radio display.

As the car had a RNS-E in it will the Vag com or car software need changing ?
It shouldn't do, unless when the RNS-E was installed, the 56-Radio was removed from the CAN installation list. The coding is stored in the stereo so if you had the stereo plugged in previously, then it should work fine.

Is there anything else I need to do to reset the CD player to accept CDs ?
There could be a adaptation channel coding for the radio that is preventing the use of CD's.

Hi mate, thanks for the reply

Just to confirm ..... the issue is with playing the CD's in the head unit and not the multi changer.

Multi changer works fine.

Do I need to do anything to make the head unit accept the CD as when they are offered to the unit it dosnt suck them in