Just want to make sure I've got this right...

gr209

Reaction score
Hiya, my wife got me a Sony CDX-DAB700U for my birthday a few days ago. I immediately went to ebay for the parts I thought i needed.

This is all for a 2003 A4 (B6) replacing a Concert HU, rear-amplified (I think)... I can't see any amp and have a sub along the parcel shelf.

I was told a PC9-401 would do the trick - it never. I get a crackling/hissing from the rear drivers side speakers with no volume and the engine off, this is with me joining the AMP REM from the HU into the 401. From what I've been reading a 404 is the one I need? Here is the rear of my new HU... http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj538/redbull1873/IMG_0140.jpg

I figured that I would need to join the red and yellow to get it to turn on and off manually, am I correct in saying running a wire from fuse 5 will give me a switched live?

Although it's a DAB, I still want to have a good AM/FM just incase, what is the correct ant amp adapter to get?

Cheers for any help!

Yes the 404 is the correct adapter although you will have to fade to rear quite a bit to balance the sound as the fronts will be getting twice the power of the puny rear amp
You'll need an antenna amp adapter as well if using the analogue aerial
Yes there is no switched live at the HU so you will need to run one or connect both the red & yellow to the perm live. The fusebox will only give you ignition on live so the HU will turn off with the engine. There is a proper accessory feed on the keyswitch, this how to tells you how to achieve this so the radio stays on until you pull the keys out.
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-...ory-feed-ignition-aftermarket-hu-install.html
You'll need a proper external glass mount aerial for DAB, the internal ones that come with the HU are pathetic

I appreciate the reply, does any generic antenna amp adapter do the business or does it have to be Audi specific? So according to the link, I use the thin red wire to supply the coil of the relay, and switch a 12v supply through the contacts and back up into the ISO adapter for my switched supply?

Cheers

Ok cheers Andy, the internet needs more people like you:thumbsup:

Finally got this done today (quiet Sunday at work with no gaffer :arco:), it works a treat. Head unit on and off automatically, the same as the original, rears play clear but a little quiet. Didn't go for an external aerial though, bought one of these High Performance Internal Glass Mount DAB Car Radio Aerial

Seems to be good reception around the town on all stations I tried, didn't drop out once...

Anyway, thanks again.

i did all this today with the 401 which i ordered the 404. so a email had been sent to them regarding this.

However got it all wired up and have the same noise as you mentioned, which i will put it down to the wrong adapter, got it on a switch feed now from the fuse box,

Over all i think the original sounded way better or i am just being to picky, problem i have i cant adjust the sub level as well, only way i imagine i can do that is wiring in a amp and sub