No rear speakers

a3 convert

Reaction score
Hi
just bought 2009 a3 sportback with chorus system(didn't know it was very basic, should have researched first, but would still have got the car anyway). Found out on the forum that some don't have rear speakers, confirmed this with a torch. I was hoping to upgrade the system by simply changing the chorus to concert/symphony, but now I need speakers and wiring as well. does any one know all the parts I will need to get sound to the rear. I have seen concert's on e-bay for 40-100, but what else will I need. I don't want to spend too much, 200ish.Is that wishful thinking, possible, or will I just get use to it. my old a3 had the bose system, didn't realize how good it was until now. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rear speakers, sub unit for a sportback, connector for sub and about 12 wires to speakers, power (fusebox), concert radio (L&R rear signals, remote, canbus HI & LO and ground).

I got mine from ebay for about £110, the same speakers are used in the A4 cabrio, so they will work. I bought all the screws and clips and repair wires needed from Audi parts. So if you can find the parts it's doable for under 200 uncluding a concert radio.

And ensure it is a subwoofer from a Sportback as they are a different design to the 3 door.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll check out e-bay and see if I can find the parts and know how

Looks like an 8L system to me, not an 8P. You would need to do a lot more work to fit BOSE, but if that's what you want then go for it.

Make sure your buying an 8P sportback system.

I have a concert DD unit if you're interested in brand new condition :)

Thanks for the advice s8craig, I'll stay clear of the bose and keep looking, I not in a desperate rush to get it done.

would this be a straight swap for me. also looking at symphony. How much for the concert