random loss of sound A6 C6

Chadders

Reaction score
Anyone give me an idea why my A6 C6 Avant randomly loses all sound from the stereo and CD player. Happend today although it's happened before. listening to the radio Refuelled got back in the car and no sound nothing no matter what I did, MMI dispay was normal and I could select diff stations & CD but no sound. left the car for about 45 min while doing a bit of shopping came back to it and all fine. :uhm:

Have you checked the reat left hand side for water ingress? remove the panel on the left of the boot and check if it's damp or if there are any signs of white residue which is form when the wash wipe leaks and dries out..

The first place the water gets to is your amp on the top of the MMI rack, then the radio and finally the sat nav, then TV & DAB if fitted.

Running a diag check with VCDS might pinpoint the failing module.

Have you checked the reat left hand side for water ingress? remove the panel on the left of the boot and check if it's damp or if there are any signs of white residue which is form when the wash wipe leaks and dries out..

The first place the water gets to is your amp on the top of the MMI rack, then the radio and finally the sat nav, then TV & DAB if fitted.

Running a diag check with VCDS might pinpoint the failing module.

Cheers I'm gonna have a good look at the problem tomorrow and report back !